We paired up with registered Associate Nutritionist Séanín Smith to do a chia-tastic giveaway and she created these nutritious, simple & quick snacks. She used ½ Four Seed Mix & almonds which gave a real nutty texture similar to wheaten bread & a sweet taste like banana bread. These are full of omega 3, fibre, protein, B vitamins & potassium. The recipe is suitable for coeliac/ gluten intolerances, milk allergies/lactose intolerances and it’s free from egg & soya.
3 ripe bananas
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup of mixed seeds & almonds
- Preheat oven 175degrees
- Mash down or mix the bananas until smooth
- Using a mixer, mix the bananas, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract & cinnamon until very smooth.
- Add oats and almonds & seeds and mix until combined.
- Spread onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Flatten with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Bake until golden brown on edges & evenly through, check by making sure the skewer is clear. (I had to cook for 50-60 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely before cutting bars.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. These last for a week or freeze for up to 6 months