Looking for the perfect Winter Warmer – try our Chicken Red Curry with Chia bia
1 LB skinless, boneless chicken thighs
One 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
1 tblsp vegetable oil
1/2 red chili, thinly chopped
3 cloves garlic, thinly chopped
2 tblsp red curry paste
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
6 scallions, thinly chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 tblsp light soy sauce
1 tblsp fish sauce
1 tblsp palm sugar
2 tblsp whole Chia bia seeds
1. Chop the chicken thighs into bite-size pieces
2. In a bowl, put the coconut milk and mix well using a fork. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, put the rice and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked well.
4. Meanwhile in a large wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat and fry the chili and garlic for 1 minute; then add the curry paste.
5. Add one ladle of coconut milk to the paste and stir well; cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add the red bell pepper and broccoli and cook for 4 minutes.
8. Add the scallions and cook for 2 minutes
9. Add the juice and zest of the lime, the chicken stock, the remaining coconut milk, the soy sauce, the fish sauce and the palm sugar and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
10. Remove from the heat, add the chia, and stir well to combine.
11. Serve immediately with the cooked rice.
Always remember to ENJOY!