Banana and Chia bia Muffins – a delicious, nutritious snack that will make a perfect addition to your lunch box, or as a tasty treat with a mug of coffee.
4 tblsp milled Chia bia chia seeds
6 tablesp. unrefined sugar
1 egg white
4 tblsp sunflower oil
7 tblsp skim milk
1/4 cup lowfat cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
3 tsps baking powder
2/3 cup med rolled oats
1/2 cup whole nuts of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
2. Cut the bananas in very small pieces and coat the pieces in Chia bia. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, beat the sugar, egg and egg white.
4. Slowly add the oil.
5. Add the milk, cream cheese and vanilla extract.
6. In a medium bowl, sift the flour and baking powder; add the nuts and combine.
7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
8. Pour half the muffin mixture into the muffin tin. Cover the mixture with half of the Chia bia coated bananas. Cover the bananas with the remaining muffin mixture. Top with the remaining bananas, slightly pushing the bananas into the muffin mixture.
9. Bake for 15 minutes
(Vary it – you can use pears or another similar textured fruit instead of bananas).
Try this recipe, and many more from Cooking with Chia for Dummies – buy it now on chiabia.com or amazon.