Last week saw the wonderful Edward Hayden make a delicious Chia bia Apple & Thyme Stuffed Pork on Ireland Am. This dish not only looked mouthwatering but thanks to the addition of Chia bia seeds it was packed full of extra Omega 3, Protein and Antioxidants! You can try out the recipe for yourself –
Apple & Thyme Stuffed Pork
The apple makes a delicious addition to the stuffing and the chia seeds are high in protein, omega and anti-oxidants.
6 rashers of bacon
1 onion-finely diced
1 large apple-grated
1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1 tablespoon whole chia seeds
1 large pork steak
Honey Roasted Carrot & Parsnip
- To make the stuffing melt the butter, add the onions and apples and sweat them without colour for 2-3 minutes. At this stage add the freshly chopped herbs.
- Combine with nice fresh breadcrumbs and the chia seeds, along with the nuts.
- Season the mixture and allow to cool completely.
- Butterfly the pork steak and Batten it out with a rolling pin., using a double layer of cling film covering the pork to assist you
- Spread the stuffing out on top of the flattened pork steak.
- Use the rashers to roll the pork steaks up tightly (like a roulade)-You can use a few cocktail sticks to stop the stuffing escaping during cooking but make sure to remove all the cocktails sticks before you serve.
- Transfer to a flat baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the meat is nice and tender.
- Serve with some honey roasted carrot & parsnips and crispy roasted potatoes.