We all know that soup is a great winter warmer, so what about a delicious healthy Chia bia brown soda bread to accompany your favourite soup or stew.
Chia bia brown soda bread –
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup milled Chia bia chia seeds
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tblsp brown sugar
1 tblsp wheat germ
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups low fat buttermilk
3 tsp whole Chia bia chia seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, sift the whole-wheat flour and all purpose flour. Add the milled Chia bia seeds and the oats; combine.
3. Add the brown sugar, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the mixture; combine.
4. In a small bowl, slightly beat the egg; add the buttermilk.
5. Create a well in the flour mixture, and pour the egg ans buttermilk into the well.
6. Mix the dry and wet ingredients, ensuring that all ingredients are well combined.
7. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour the mixture into the pan. Scatter the whole Chia bia seeds evenly on top of the mixture.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour, until the bread is brown and a knife sliced through the bread comes out dry.
9. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and remove from the pan. Wrap the bread in a tea towel until cool.
You can find this, and lots of other easy to follow Chia bia recipes in “Cooking with Chia for Dummies” which you can buy http://www.chiabia.com/shop/cooking-with-chia-for-dummies/