This is a healthy and tasty lunch option coming into the Summer! It is Thai inspired for maximum flavour and full of nutritious ingredients including chia seeds for added fibre, omega 3 and protein.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Servings – 2
For the Salad
- ½ cup of uncooked quinoa (1 cup cooked)
- 1 cup cooked edamame beans/chickpeas
- ½ a red pepper finely sliced
- ½ a yellow pepper diced
- ¼ white cabbage shredded
- 1 carrot peeled and finely sliced
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp Chia Bia Whole Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
For the Dressing
- 50g smooth drippy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic or ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions; I generally cover ½ a cup with 1 ¼ cup of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 -15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Prep vegetables and wash kale in a colander. Massage the kale for a couple of minutes to soften. Rinse once more and set aside to drip dry.
- Blend together all salad ingredients in a mini food processor, chopper, blender or in a jug using a hand blender.
- Mix together quinoa, all the vegetables, edamame, chia seeds, and most of the nuts and coriander. Pour over the dressing and mix well to coat. Serve with remaining coriander and nuts over the top. Salad is best dressed close to being served.