These Courgette Fritters are a great lunch option for the Summertime. A change from salads but still very nutritious! They taste delicious and even nicer when eaten al fresco!
500g Grated courgette (measured/weighed before squeezing out excess water)
1 tsp Salt
125g Gluten Free Flour
15g Nutritional Yeast
2 tbsp Chia Bia Milled Chia Seeds
1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 cloves Crushed Garlic
2 Spring Onions (Chopped)
60g Coconut Oil (Melted)
2 tbsp Olive Oil (for frying)
1. Grate the courgette and then add it to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over the salt and mix in and leave it for 10 minutes. The salt will help release the excess water from the courgette.
2. Use your hands to squeeze the courgette and drain off excess water. Discard the water.
3. Place the squeezed courgette in a fresh mixing bowl, add in the flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, chia seeds, crushed garlic and chopped spring onions and mix together. It will be very crumbly.*
4. Add in the melted coconut oil and mix into a thick batter.
5. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan and let it get hot. Once hot, use an ice cream scoop/cookie scoop to scoop out even sized amounts of batter into the frying pan.
6. Use a spatula to press it down from the top and flatten. Let it cook for a few minutes and then flip over – around 3 minutes per side. When both sides are nicely browned, then transfer your cooked fritters to the baking tray in the warmed oven to stay warm.
7. Add the remaining Tbsp of olive oil to the frying pan and repeat with your next batch.
Coconut Sour Cream
250g Coconut yogurt
1 finely chopped shallot
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Stir all ingredients together and season to taste.
2. Store in the fridge and serve chilled
Serve the Courgette Fritters piping hot with Coconut Sour Cream poured over and enjoy!