A tasty, simple and healthy dinner option! The Nutty Chia Crunch really makes this extra tasty and extra healthy!
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Servings – 2
For the Crunch
- 1 tbsp Chia Bia Whole Chia Seeds
- 50g chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- Generous pinch of salt
For the Sauce
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml rice wine vinegar
- 30g honey
- 60ml water
- ½ tbsp Chia Bia Milled Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 1 mug of sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 mug mixed mushrooms, sliced
- Short grain brown rice, spring onion & fresh coriander to serve*
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together crunch ingredients. Lay out on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool and firm up.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients. Place into a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Heat sesame oil in a large pan. Fry the pepper for a few minutes, add the mushrooms and cook for a further couple of minutes and finally add the sugar snaps for a final minute.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, simmer for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve topped with chia crunch, coriander, spring onions and brown rice on the side.
*You can of course use any rice you like or some rice noodles. I just love short grain brown rice as it has a lovely nuttiness and beautiful chew!
Recipe by Peachy Palate