Sturdy little bites – crispy on the outside, soft in the middle! These make a perfect appetiser for dunking in tahini or hummus, a mighty snack, or lunch/picnic component. Loaded with flavour and green goodness!
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 – 20 minutes
Servings – 12 – 14 small falafel
- 150g frozen peas, thawed
- 150g cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, leaves only
- 2 tbsp Chia Bia Milled Chia Seeds
- 50g oat flour
- 1 – 2 tbsp olive oil or spray olive oil for cooking
- Blend together all falafel ingredients in your food processor.
- Season to your own taste with salt.
- Divide mixture into 12 – 14 small falafel balls. Place into the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
- Place falafel onto a baking tray, drizzle or spray with oil, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the oven. Alternatively you can cook them in your air fryer at the same temperature for 10 – 15 minutes. They will be crispier on the outside if you cook them in the air fryer.
- Serve with tahini, flat bread, some spinach leaves and some fresh tomatoes if desired.