Banana Oat Pancake Recipe
This staple pancake recipe will suit the whole family and creates the most buttery and fluffy banana oat pancakes. Add in some of our Milled Chia Seeds for extra flavour and texture.
Banana Oat Pancakes
Preparation time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
Serving size: 6 portions
65 g rolled oats
1 banana (approx. 90 g), cut into pieces
160 g milk of choice
40 g butter, softened, plus extra to serve
1 tbsp Chia Bia Milled Chia Seed
150 g spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
- Place oats into a blender or food processor and blend until they are very finely milled.
- Add banana (approx. 90 g), eggs, milk, butter and chia seeds and blend until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder and blend until combined.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, place tablespoonfuls of batter into pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through (makes approx. 24 pancakes). Transfer onto a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Serve pancakes warm with butter.